Do you know a student drawn to art? The 2023 Congressional Art Competition is open to high school students.
Each spring, the nationwide high school art competition is sponsored by members of the U.S. House of Representatives giving young artists a chance to show off their talent.
The contest is open to all high school students in Ohio’s First District. The winning artwork of the District’s competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol along with the other winners from across the nation.
For artwork to be eligible for the competition, it cannot be any larger than 26 inches by 26 inches, 4 inches in depth and cannot weigh more than 15 pounds. Acceptable artwork submissions may include:
- Paintings – including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings – including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed)
- Collages – must be two-dimensional
- Prints – including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media – use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer – generated art
Submissions are accepted now until Saturday, April 1, 2023.
enter the competition here