- Cincinnati Public Schools
21 Additional CPS Schools to Receive Grant Supporting Safety
On Monday, November 28, 2022, the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission, in coordination with the Ohio School Safety Center and the Ohio Office of Budget and Management, released its round 3 award notifications for a competitive grant. A total of 708 schools in 57 counties received $57.8 million in grant funding to further support student and staff safety. Out of more than 2,000 school applications, 21 CPS schools were awarded grants totaling $925,570.00.
“I am excited to share that another group of our schools have been awarded funds from the Ohio K-12 School Safety Grant Program. Enhancing our security systems and infrastructure requires a constant focus to keep students and staff safe. As a result, additional funding is greatly needed to offset rising security and safety costs,” said Superintendent and CEO Iranetta Rayborn Wright .
CPS security data, including threat assessments and school offense detail reports, provided a basis for determining the district’s list of applicants for the grant.
"Vulnerability Assessments were conducted for each of the schools as a requirement of the grant application, and selected schools were prioritized based on their needs,” said Terry Davis, Manager, Foundation Grants, CPS.
The funding will cover physical security expenses including new security cameras, automatic door locks, visitor badging systems, exterior lighting, and public address systems. Here is a complete list of the CPS schools that received Round 3 grants:
- Clark Montessori High School
- College Hill Fundamental Academy
- Covedale School
- George Hays-Jennie Porter School
- Gilbert A. Dater High School
- James N. Gamble Montessori Elementary School
- James N. Gamble Montessori High School
- Lighthouse School
- Midway School
- North Avondale Montessori School
- Rising Stars at Carthage
- Rising Stars at Cheviot/ Westwood
- Rising Stars at Vine Street
- Riverview East Academy
- Roselawn Condon School
- Sands Montessori School
- South Avondale School
- Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students
- Virtual High School
- Westwood School
- William H. Taft Elementary School
- Ohio K-12 School Safety Grant Program Information: https://ofcc.
ohio.gov/Services-Programs/ Grants/Ohios-K-12-School- Safety-Grant-Program
- Previously, 20 CPS schools were awarded the K-12 School Safety Grant: Click here to read the story