Interested in Preschool?
Our high-quality, Five-Star Rated Preschools have a seat for you. Fill out the form below and one of our Early Childhood Education specialists will contact to assist you with registration.
CPS Preschool Offers Great Start to Lifelong Learning
Cincinnati Public Schools provides quality, comprehensive preschool programs and collaborative services to support young children and families for lifelong learning — CPS has a long history of providing quality preschool programs. All CPS preschools are evaluated by the Ohio Department Education, the majority of which are rated five stars, the state's highest rating.
Children who participate in a qulality preschool acquire skills needed for kindergarten readiness, social-emotional learning and have a variety of enriching experiences. CPS' Early Childhood Education (ECE) program recognizes that all children can learn, mainly through playful interactions with people and materialse. The learning environment encourages creative exploration with a balance of child- and adult-initiated, age-appropriate activities. The program also recognizes the home and community as resources for the learning process.
Bus transportation is not provided for preschoolers.
Adding Preschool Classrooms
Cincinnati Public Schools continues to expand preschool classrooms to serve our communities.
Getting Your Child into Preschool
Your Child's Preschool Experience
Every child receives a complete developmental screening. Follow up is provided as needed to meet the child's individual needs. Each program has a support team beyond the teacher, paraprofessional and ASCC assistant.
Full- and Half-day
- Preschool offers full-day and half-day schedules and align with the district's school-year calendar for holidays and breaks.
- Breakfast, lunch and/or snacks are provided for preschool children. The menus meet standards set by the Ohio Department of Education Nutrition Section.
- Children in full-day programs are expected to rest daily. Parents may send a favorite toy or blanket with the child.
- For the protection of staff and children, a health inspection is conducted daily upon a child's arrival using the Ohio Department of Health's Child Day-Care Communicable Disease Chart, which is posted in classrooms. Parents are encouraged to observe this process. Early Childhood Education programs are for well children only.
- Children can come back to class if they have no symptoms of communicable disease for at least 24 hours or with a physician's statement saying the child poses no risk to others.
Resources and Links for Parents
American Academy of Pediatrics - Children's Health
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati Health Department Centers
National Parenting Center
Ohio Help Me Grow
Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program
- Each program is licensed to operate by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). This license and the most recent licensing inspection reports are posted in each classroom.
Have concerns about a CPS preschool not addressed to your satisfaction?
Call CPS' Early Childhood Education Department, (513) 363-0240.