Skip To Main Content

Toggle Close Container

Mobile Main Nav

Header Holder

Header Mobile Sticky

Toggle Menu Container

Toggle Schools Container - Mobile

Header Top

Header Right Column

More Languages

Header Right Bottom

Toggle Schools Container - Desktop

Header Sticky - Desktop

District Canvas Container

Close District Canvas

Desktop District Tabs

Mobile District Nav


Required Documentation

Documentation needed to register your child with Cincinnati Public Schools

  • Well Child Check / Physical Form — good for 12 months (Preschool only)
  • Proof of Income — within the last 30 days (Preschool only) and previous year tax return
  • Child's Birth Certificate, passport or certified copy of custody order or decree. — How to obtain copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Custody agreement/court order if parents/guardians are separated or divorced (if applicable)
  • Court-ordered guardianship papers — if the child lives with someone other than a biological parent
  • Immunization record
  • Parental proof of identity (valid photo ID or passport)
  • IEP (Individual Education Program) and/or 504 documentation (if applicable)        
  • Previous school records (if applicable)
  • Proof of Address/Residency within CPS District. Residency includes the following: being physically present in a household for significant periods of time; where important family activities take place each day including sleeping, eating, working, relaxing and playing; where the parent receives mail or where the parent is registered to vote.

Proving Residency: Proof of residency is required for all newly enrolled students and any student whose address changes

One item from list below will serve as proof of residency: 

  • Homeowner/Renter Insurance Statement — dated within the last 12 months
  • Property Tax Statement — dated within the last 12 months and addressed to parent/guardian at the residence
  • Gas/Electric/Water Statement (not a cable or telephone bill) — dated within the last 30 days
  • Mortgage Statement — dated within the previous 60 days and addressed to parent/guardian at the residence
  • Federal or State Income Tax Returns — dated within the last 12 months
  • Rental Agreement — signed by both landlord and tenant, and including landlord's contact information
  • Any piece of mail dated within the last 30 days from the federal, state or local government, such as Hamilton County Job & Family Services, Social Security Office, Child Support Enforcement Agency, etc.
  • Construction Contract that includes a sworn statement describing the location of the house to be built and stating the parent’s intention to reside there upon completion
  • Parent Residency & Property Owner Affidavits


CPS does not accept any notarized statements as proof of residency.

Have you moved?

Please fill out the Student Change of Information form if:

  • You have moved
  • Are experiencing a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship.
  • Form translations: Spanish | French | Arabic