Cincinnati School Board Seeks Superintendent Search Firm
Request for Proposals Issued; Goal to Pick Firm by Mid-December
The Cincinnati Board of Education today (November 18, 2016) issued a request for proposals (RFP) from executive search firms with the expertise to guide the selection of the next superintendent of Cincinnati Public Schools.
Cincinnati Public Schools Superintendent Mary Ronan on November 17 announced she will retire on August 1, 2017, after nine successful years as the chief administrator of Southwest Ohio's largest public school system.
The board’s goal is to select a search firm by mid-December and to work with the firm to choose the next superintendent to begin working no later than August 1, 2017, said Board President Ericka Copeland-Dansby.
Services sought by the school board to be performed by a search firm in cooperation with the Board include:
• Providing a candidate profile and evaluation/selection criteria for the superintendent candidates
• Developing a plan for and facilitating community input and engagement
• Developing and implementing a candidate marketing and recruitment plan
• Conducting an internal and national search process generating a diverse pool of highly qualified candidates
• Conducting a thorough screening of candidates for qualifications and conducting a comprehensive background search
• Developing interview questions, conducting interviews and negotiating contract terms