Cincinnati Public Schools will list scholarships available to CPS students as information becomes available to us.
CPS Scholarship Partnerships
Cincinnati Public Schools has a list of generous scholarship opportunities reserved for CPS graduates at partner colleges and universities.
This U.S. Department of Labor resource offers 8,000-plus scholarships that can be filtered for level of study, award type, amount, location, gender and deadline.
Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation
The Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation partners with businesses, foundations and individual donors to provide college scholarships to Greater Cincinnati area students.
The College Grants Database
This site offers information on grants.
This database is free to sign up and hosts more than 1.5 million scholarships, which have resulted in more than $3.4 billion in funding.
Users can save searches and narrow results from the more than 1.5 million scholarships listed and adjust information such as major, year in school, GPA, home zip code, and college or university to meet specific scholarship criteria.
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
The College Board has created a $25-million scholarship program to guide students through the college-planning process, with incentives offered to earn money for college at specific steps along the way.
- The program lays out six key steps students can take to plan for college entrance. By completing each step, students earn chances for scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,000.
- Students who complete all six steps can earn a chance at a $40,000 scholarship.
- The program is open to high school juniors (Class of 2020).
- $2.5 million each year will be awarded to students whose families earn less than $60,000 annually.
BBB Students of Integrity Scholarship
The Better Business Bureau’s Center for Ethics sponsors the Students of Integrity Scholarship for students who demonstrate superior understanding of ethics.
Deadline: July 1, 2020
- Seniors/recent graduates should create and submit short cell-phone videos that showcase their ethical decision making.
- One $2,000 winner and three $1,000 winners
- Details and application
Boster Biotechnology Scholarship
Boster Biotechnology provides an annual scholarship to students with an interest in pursuing or continuing a four-year academic program related to Biology Technology. The Boster Bio Scholarships for Young Scientists Of Excellence provides $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school or college students to aid their scientific research in college.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted into a research position in biology or medical-related lab on a full-time or substantial part-time basis (minimum 9 credit hours worth of research work for the next two semesters).
- Must obtain and submit a letter of recommendation — either from a teacher, tutor or lecturer who knows the student well, or from an employer in a relevant healthcare services niche (must be signed and on letterhead to be accepted).
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.40 on a 4.0 scale.
Certain additional materials are required for your application to be considered.
- A response (at least 500 words) to this essay question: Explain your reason(s) for applying for a scholarship and why you feel you should receive one, and the type of career in the healthcare or biomedical related industry you plan to pursue and your future goals.
You may upload the following items when completing your online application:
- A copy of your current college or high school transcript. If you are a graduating senior, your transcript must include grades for your senior year. Unofficial copies are acceptable; report cards are not.
- You must also include a letter of acceptance from the healthcare or biomedical related post-secondary program you will attend.
- Optionally you can submit an abstract of your research. Those with meritorious research subjects and are currently engaging in research will be considered first.
Deadline: On or before October 31, 2020.
The winner will be selected after October 31, 2020, and will receive funds by check. For more information, email.
Scholarship Opportunities for Undocumented/DACA Students
App and website with scholarship info for DACA/undocumented students. Many scholarships are state/locality specific so be sure to read all information.