Resources for children, teens and their families
To help CPS families of elementary children build healthy habits at home, Nutrition Nuggets is a monthly newsletter packed with practical ideas any family can use to improve their nutrition and physical activity. With Nutritional Nuggets, families will learn how to:
- Prepare nutritious foods on a tight schedule and tight budget.
- Find time in the daily routine for physical activity.
- Help their children choose healthy snacks.
- Make exercise fun.
- Make nutritious foods attractive to kids.
CPS also supports families in keeping middle school and high school students healthy and ready to learn. Teen Food & Fitness is a monthly newsletter packed with practical ideas parents and teens can use to improve their nutrition and physical fitness by giving simple ways to encourage healthy habits, including:
- Healthy food and drinks to keep in the house.
- Ingredients to watch for (good and bad).
- Quick and easy food preparation tips.
- Ways to get kids away from TVs and computers, and more.