Open Menu expand menu

Learning Tools
CPS Websites
Report Bullying

Registration Documents

Documentation needed to register your child

The following documents must be submitted when registering a child. 

The first three documents are for preschool registration only, along with the nine following documents: 

  • Well Child Check / Physical Form — good for 12 months (Preschool only)
  • Proof of Income — within the last 30 days (Preschool only)
  • CPS Student Registration Information Form (if not using the online system)
  • Child's Birth Certificate — How to obtain copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Custody agreement/court order if parents are separated or divorced (if applicable)
  • Court-ordered guardianship papers if the student resides with someone other than a biological parent
  • Immunization record
  • Parental proof of identity (valid photo ID or passport)
  • IEP (Individual Education Program) and/or 504 documentation (if applicable)         
  • Previous school records (if applicable)
  • Proof of Address/Residency within CPS District. Residency includes the following: being physically present in a household for significant periods of time; where important family activities take place each day including sleeping, eating, working, relaxing and playing; where the parent receives mail or where the parent is registered to vote, if applicable. (Proving Residency: Proof of residency shall be required for all newly enrolled students and any student whose address changes.) — One item from list below: 
    • Homeowner Deed — printout from Hamilton County auditor’s website
    • Homeowner/Renter Insurance Statement — dated within the last 12 months
    • Property Tax Statement — dated within the last 12 months and addressed to parent at the residence
    • Gas/Electric/Water Statement (not a cable bill) — dated within the last 30 days
    • Mortgage Statement — dated within the previous 60 days and addressed to parent at the residence
    • Federal or State  Income Tax Returns — dated within the last 12 months
    • Rental Agreement — signed by both landlord and tenant, and including landlord's contact information
    • Any piece of mail dated within the last 30 days from the federal, state or local government, such as Hamilton County Job & Family Services, Social Security Office, Child Support Enforcement Agency, etc.
    • Construction Contract that includes a sworn statement describing the location of the house to be built and stating the parent’s intention to reside there upon completion

Have you moved?

Please fill out the Student Change of Information form if:

  • You have moved
  • Are experiencing a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship.

Note for Proof of Address/Residency documentation:

  • CPS accepts Parent Residency & Property Owner Affidavits. 
  • CPS does not accept any notarized statements as proof of residency.

Social Media Icons

Stay Connected:

FacebookCPS You Tube ChannelCPS TwitterI am CPSInstagramDownload CPA App