Documentation needed to register your child
The following documents must be submitted when registering a child.
The first three documents are for preschool registration only, along with the nine following documents:
- Well Child Check / Physical Form — good for 12 months (Preschool only)
- Medical/Dental Insurance Card (Preschool only)
- Proof of Income - within the last 30 days (Preschool only)
- CPS Student Registration Information Form (filled out)
- Child's Birth Certificate — How to obtain copy of child’s birth certificate
- Custody agreement/court order if parents are separated or divorced (if applicable)
- Court-ordered guardianship papers if the student resides with someone other than a biological parent
- Immunization record
- Parental proof of identity (valid photo ID or passport)
- IEP (Individual Education Program) and/or 504 documentation (if applicable)
- Previous school records (if applicable)
- Proof of Address/Residency within CPS District - One item from list below:
- Homeowner Deed – printout from Hamilton County auditor’s website
- Homeowner/Renter Insurance Statement – dated within the last 12 months
- Property Tax Statement – dated within the last 12 months and addressed to parent at the residence
- Gas/Electric/Water Statement (not a cable bill) - dated within the last 30 days
- Mortgage Statement – dated within the previous 60 days and addressed to parent at the residence
- Federal or State Income Tax Returns – dated within the last 12 months
- Rental Agreement – signed by both landlord and tenant, and including landlord's contact information
- Any piece of mail dated within the last 30 days from the federal, state or local government, such as Hamilton County Job & Family Services, Social Security Office, Child Support Enforcement Agency, etc.
- Construction Contract that includes a sworn statement describing the location of the house to be built and stating the parent’s intention to reside there upon completion
Note for Proof of Address/Residency documentation:
- CPS accepts Parent Residency & Property Owner Affidavits.
- CPS does not accept any notarized statements as proof of residency.