How to Register Your Child in Preschool
Preschool registration is handled differently for neighborhood schools and magnet schools. Registration is the first step in enrolling your child.
Information Required for Preschool Enrollment
Please bring the following documentation with you to your preschool appointment to complete a Preschool Enrollment Packet. The enrollment process into preschool will not begin until all required documents are received:
Print as one-page PDF
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Shot Record (immunizations)
- Parent or Guardian Identification (valid photo ID)
- Proof of Family’s Income (within the last 30 days)
- Medical Exam of Child or a well-child check (within past 12 months)
- Proof of Health Insurance (if the family has insurance)
- Proof of Address (Residency) — Select one item from this list:
- Gas, Electric or Water Bill (dated within past 30 days)
- Homeowner’s Deed — print from Hamilton County Auditor’s website
- Homeowner’s / Renter’s Insurance Statement (dated within last 12 months)
- Property Tax Statement (dated within last 12 months and addressed to parent at the residence)
- Mortgage Statement (dated within past 60 days and addressed to parent at the residence)
- Federal or Ohio tax return (dated within past 12 months)
- Rental Agreement (signed by both landlord and tenant, and including landlord’s contact information)
- Any piece of mail dated within past 30 days from federal, state or local government (such as Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services, Social Security, Child Support Enforcement Agency)
- Construction Contract (including sworn statement describing location of the house to be built and stating parent’s intention to reside there upon completion)
Note: If none of the listed proof-of-residency items above are available, CPS accepts Parent Residency and Property Owner Affidavits, which are available through CPS’ Customer Care Center: (513) 363-0123. CPS does not accept any other notarized statements as proof of residency.
A copy of the child's immunization record must be in the child's preschool file.
Families must pay tuition for preschool or be income eligible for reduced rates.
Tuition (2017-18): $3,500 per school year for half-day preschool; $6,800 per school year for full-day preschool
A deposit is due, and must be paid, at registration.
For parents whose incomes place them at or below the 200 percent level on federal poverty guidelines, the Early Childhood Education (ECE) grant and the federal Head Start program may be available on a limited basis. These slots are offered free in some cases, or parents pay a fee based on a sliding scale.
Neighborhood School Preschool Enrollment
Parents may enroll a child into their assigned neighborhood elementary school at any time by visiting the school and submitting registration forms provided in the Student Registration Information Packet. Students eligible for preschool at a neighborhood school follow the enrollment guidelines for Neighborhood Schools. Children must be 3 years old to attend preschool.
Youngsters who have siblings already enrolled in a neighborhood school may apply to that school's preschool program early for the upcoming school year:
Magnet School Preschool Enrollment
Applications to magnet school preschools are submitted online during the magnet application period. All eligible students are put on waiting lists and sent a letter, pending a review of the application by CPS' Early Childhood Department.
- Applicants to magnet school preschools must be age 3 or 4 by September 30.
- Children who turn 5 by September 30 and are age-eligilbe for kindergarten should apply to kindergarten.
A child accepted into a magnet preschool who lives within CPS' district boundaries may stay in that magnet school for higher grades without reapplying.
Families who live outside CPS' boundaries (Open Enrollment students) with children in CPS preschools must reapply for kindergarten.
- Dater Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Roberts Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 8)
- Parker Woods Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Bond Hill Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- North Avondale Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Sands Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Silverton Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- Woodford Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies (AMIS) (preschool to grade 8)
- Academy of World Languages (AWL) (preschool to grade 8)
- Fairview-Clifton German Language School (preschool to grade 6)
- William H. Taft School (preschool to grade 6)