Interested in Preschool?
We have high-quality preschools ready to enroll your child. Call (513) 363-0240 for more information Or fill out the preschool interest form and you will be contacted about a high-quality preschool for your child.
How to Register Your Child in Preschool
Where to Go to Register for Preschool — Preschool Registration Hubs
CPS' three Preschool Registration Hubs are open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. No appointment is necessary. Parents are asked to go only to the hubs for preschool registration, not to the schools or to the CPS Education Center. Each hub handles specific schools, but parents may go to any one of the three hubs that is convenient.
- Hub 1 - Rising Stars Academy at Vine
- Hub 2 - LEAP Academy
- Hub 3 - Rising Stars Academy at Carthage School
Preschool Registration Hubs addresses: School Finder
Questions? Contact a Preschool Registration Hub at (513) 363-0240:
- Rising Stars at Vine, Option 1
- LEAP Academy, Option 2
- Rising Stars at Carthage, Option 3
|Hub 1 — Rising Stars Academy at Vine||Hub 2 — LEAP Academy||Hub 3 — Rising Stars Academy at Carthage|
|Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies (AMIS)||Carson||Bond Hill|
|Academy of World Languages (AWL)||Cheviot||Carthage|
|Clifton Area Neighborhood School (CANS) - Rising Stars
Academy - Vine
|Dater Montessori||LEAP — Language Enrichment & Academic Proficiency||College Hill|
|Fairview-Clifton at Rising Stars Academy — Vine||Midway||Douglass|
|North Avondale Montessori||Rees E. Price||Mt. Airy|
|Parker Woods Montessori||Rising Stars Academy - Ezzard Charles||Mt. Washington|
|Pleasant Ridge Montessori||Rising Stars Academy - Westwood||J. P. Parker|
|Rising Stars Academy - Vine||Roberts||Pleasant Hill|
|Rothenberg||Roll Hill||Rising Stars Academy at Aiken New Tech/College Hill|
|Sands Montessori||Sayler Park||Rockdale|
|W. H. Taft Elementary||Ethel M. Taylor||Roselawn Condon|
Translations - Hub Chart and What to Bring to Register in Preschool
Information Required for Preschool Registration
A parent or legal guardian must bring the required documentation when registrating a child for preschool. The registration process into preschool will not begin until all required documents are received.
A copy of the child's immunization record must be in the child's preschool file.
Families must pay tuition for preschool or be income eligible for reduced rates.
Tuition (2019-20) — Deposits are due, and must be paid, at registration.
- $3,700 per school year for half-day preschool ($500 deposit and 8 monthly payments of $400)
- $7,000 per school year for full-day preschool ($800 deposit and 8 monthly payments of $775)
For families whose incomes place them at or below 250 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, various grants may be applied to assist with free or reduced tuition.
Parents may register a child into their assigned neighborhood elementary school at any time by visiting the Preschool Registration Hub assigned to that school to submit required documents and the completed CPS Student Registration Information Form. Students eligible for preschool at a neighborhood school follow the enrollment guidelines for Neighborhood Schools. Children must be 3 years old to attend preschool.
Youngsters who have siblings already enrolled in a neighborhood school may apply to that school's preschool program early for the upcoming school year.
Applications to magnet school preschools are submitted online during the annual magnet application period. All eligible preschool students are put on waiting lists and sent a letter, pending a review of the application by CPS' Early Childhood Department. Registration to enroll your child does not mean your child has been accepted into a magnet preschool.
- Applicants to magnet school preschools must be age 3 or 4 by September 30.
- Children who turn 5 by September 30 and are age-eligilbe for kindergarten should apply to kindergarten.
A child accepted into a magnet preschool who lives within CPS' district boundaries may stay in that magnet school for higher grades without reapplying.
Families who live outside CPS' boundaries (Open Enrollment students) with children in CPS preschools must reapply for kindergarten.
- Dater Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- LEAP Academy (preschool to grade 4)
- Parker Woods Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Roberts Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 8)
- North Avondale Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Sands Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Silverton Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- Woodford Paideia Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies (AMIS) (preschool to grade 8)
- Academy of World Languages (AWL) (preschool to grade 8)
- Fairview-Clifton German Language School (preschool to grade 6)
- William H. Taft School (preschool to grade 6)