CPS Websites
Report Bullying

Neighborhood School Enrollment

Elementary Schools Close to Home

Parents, or legal guardians, may register a child into the child's assigned neighborhood elementary school at any time by visiting the school and submitting registration forms provided in the Student Registration Information Packet. The child first must be registered; then staff enrolls the child. 

Students are assigned to neighborhood elementary schools according to home addresses. The district determines the address boundaries for each neighborhood school. To find the elementary school assignment for a specific address, use our online Interactive Cropper Map System in School Finder.

Out-of-Neighborhood Attendance Area Application for Neighborhood Schools

Cincinnati Public Schools’ resident students who want to be enrolled into neighborhood elementary schools that are outside the attendance areas they live in may apply for available seats during the Out-of-Attendance-Area application window April 30 - May 18, 2018.

Application form for Out-of-Neighborhood Attendance Area 

Note: A neighborhood school may accept out-of-attendance-area students only if the school has vacant seats after enrolling all in-area students.

During the application window, CPS will inform families of the availability of seats in its neighborhood schools. If there are more out-of-attendance-area applicants than seats available in a neighborhood school, seats will be allocated through a computerized lottery process.

This policy only applies to neighborhood elementary schools; it does not apply to preschools, magnet schools or high schools.

Students who accept seats at neighborhood schools outside of their attendance areas may not be eligible for district-provided transportation.

Enrollment Details

Parents/guardians must update registration information at a child's school when information changes (family moves to a new address, or home or work telephone numbers change). Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a child in school. A legal guardian must present proper documentation (i.e., custody granted by a court or accredited agency).

Other required documents for enrolling a child:

  • One item showing proof of residency
  • Valid photo ID of parent or guardian
  • Child's birth certificate
  • Child's health record
  • Final report card
  • Verification of kindergarten attendance, if entering first grade

Social Media Icons

Stay Connected:

FacebookCPS You Tube ChannelCPS TwitterI am CPSInstagramDownload CPA App