New! CPS Early Montessori High School Application (Grade 6) — CPS In-District Resident Students Only
September 21 – October 29, 2021
Early Montessori High School Application process — New Montessori application for in-district CPS families with elementary students wishing to continue their Montessori education into high school.
What is the Early Montessori High School Application Process?
Based on feedback from families, CPS created the Early Montessori Application Period to ensure CPS Montessori 6th graders who live in the district have an early opportunity to enroll in a CPS Montessori High School for next school year. Montessori grade 6 students are given priority to enter Clark Montessori High School or James N. Gamble Montessori High School based on their home address.
How does it work?
Applicants who reside east of Interstate 75 will have priority into Clark Montessori High School and applicants who reside west of Interstate 75 will have priority into James N. Gamble Montessori High School.
Families may obtain the application here beginning September 21, 2021.
The application can be submitted online [coming soon] or families may turn in a paper copy to:
- The Customer Care Center — 2651 Burnet Avenue, 45219
- Clark Montessori High School — 3030 Erie Avenue, 45208
- James N. Gamble Montessori High School — 3036 Werk Road, 45211
Only one application is accepted per student. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 29, 2021.
Notification of status will be provided approximately four weeks after the application window closes.
Who may apply?
To be eligible, your sixth grader must reside in the CPS district and currently be enrolled in one of the following CPS schools: Dater Montessori School, Gamble Montessori Elementary School, North Avondale Montessori School, Parker Woods Montessori School, Pleasant Ridge Montessori School, Sands Montessori School or CPS Montessori elementary students who transferred to Cincinnati Digital Academy (CDA) due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Only one application per student will be accepted.
Who can I call with questions?
- Customer Care Center — (513) 363-0123
- Gamble Montessori High School — Cheree Manuel or Nicole Sherwood at (513) 363-2600.
- Clark Montessori High School — (513) 363-7100
Important Dates for Families
- Early Montessori High School Application Information Session — September 14, 2021 (You can also watch at the top of this page.)
- Clark Montessori High School 6th Grade Parent Information Night (for East families)
- James N. Gamble Montessori High School 6th Grade Parent Information Night (for West families)
- November 30, 2021 — Notification of lottery results
Want to learn more about CPS Montessori High Schools?