About Winton Hills Academy
Winton Hills Academy is a school of excellence where children and adults work together in a safe and orderly environment.
Respect is the password to our school. In a respectful environment, individuals respect themselves, each other and the rules of the school and the district.
Togetherness is the key. Working together, students, staff and parents create a school of excellence in which all can excel.
The vision of Winton Hills Academy is to produce lifelong learners who excel academically and socially.
Winton Hills Academy is dedicated to helping students succeed. Our goal is to provide a positive, structured, and nurturing environment for all children. This is accomplished with the help of our educators, families, and partners. We empower our students to achieve academically and socially for a brighter tomorrow.
The following rules and procedures have been established to create an environment in which all people can work together in a respectful atmosphere. Together, our anti-bullying program and the school "Bee-Attitudes" reinforce school rules.
Please discuss these with your child:
- We are a bully-free community. Be positive and Be prepared.
- We will help students who are bullied. Be responsible.
- We will include students who are left out. Be respectful.
- We will tell an adult at school and at home or in the community when someone is being bullied: Be safe.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety of services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Winton Hills. The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Resource Coordinator plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Kathy Painter at (513) 363-6300 or via email.
Fast Track Program
We have a wonderful partnership program with Win Med Health Center which is called the Fast Track Program.
How Fast Track works:
- A child who is enrolled in this program may get urgent treatment for medical and dental problems at the clinic across the street from school.
- For matters that are not urgent (like asthma follow-ups and physicals, etc.), appointments can be made for your child to see a doctor when he or she is at school.
- For dental cleaning, exams, and repair of cavities, the child will get an appointment to see the dentist during school hours.
- For both medical and dental appointments at the clinic, a worker from the clinic comes to the school to safely walk students back and forth from the clinic.
- In addition, if your child needs medication, the prescription will be filled at the pharmacy and delivered to school. The medication will come home with your child.
- If you would like to enroll in the program, please see the school nurse, Patricia Williams, for the application.
A Vision Center at Oyler is available to all students in Cincinnati Public Schools. Call the nurse at (513) 363-6321 if your child needs a vision appointment.
Patricia Williams, RN, MSN is our school nurse, as mentioned above. Winton Hills Academy is very fortunate to have Nurse Williams on board.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-6300.