Technology-Based Learning Program
Great news, Roll Hill families! Starting this August, our students will learn how to confidently navigate the digital era with the launch of our new Technology-Based Learning program. Our new Interactive Learning in Future Endeavors (iLife) Lab will put the devices and programs that are powering in-demand careers into the hands of our students. Technology-rich experiences also will be woven into our traditional classrooms to further engage in learning and build real-world skills. As our students become coders, web designers, movie makers and more, they will transform from users of technology to creators of media — and the owners of their future.
What Does This Mean for Your Child?
Roll Hill School’s Technology-Based Learning program will be open to students in K-6. Students will benefit from:
- An iLife Lab with cutting-edge technology that allows students to work seamlessly in the virtual and real worlds
- Tablets for every student in grades K-1 and laptops for every student in grades 2-6
- Fundamental skill building in digital citizenship, computer parts, software and keyboarding
- Quarterly projects that focus on computer applications, coding, graphics/animation/CADD/web design, and digital technology
- Project-based learning opportunities that exercise students’ creativity, research and presentation skills, while teaching them how to work together