Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures. The Pleasant Hill Academy Student Handbook includes more details on each of these items.
Pleasant Hill Academy Allstars are expected to follow and demonstrate the "3 Bs":
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
- Be Presentable
Students are expected to:
- Be at school every day. Students can't learn if they are not at school.
- Be on time. School starts at 7:40 a.m.
- Complete all homework, which is assigned nightly Monday-Friday. Completing homework reinforces skills presented during the day. Set aside some quiet time at home nightly for homework or reading.
- Wear the school uniform every day.
As a reminder, our hours are:
School Hours: 7:40 a.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
It is important that students come to school on time every day. This includes preschool students. Instructional time is lost when a student is late to school. Habitual tardiness will affect academic performance. A note must accompany the student stating the reason for the tardiness. School starts at 7:40 a.m.; however, we have extended the breakfast program until 7:55 a.m. Your child will be considered tardy at 8:00 a.m. Please call the school if you know your child will be late.
To report an absent child, call the school office or email us using this Absence Reporting Form. In the event that your child will be absent from school, the following procedures should be followed:
- Phone the school office before 8:30 a.m. at (513) 363-4300 and leave a message.
- Send a note to school upon your child’s return, explaining the reason for the absence. Students will give the note to the homeroom teacher to turn into the office to update your child’s attendance record.
- If a phone call is not made or a note is not sent, the absences will be considered unexcused. When your child reaches four unexcused absences, you and your child will be referred to the school Social Worker for follow-up. Additionally, a note sent with the student does not guarantee an “excused absence.”
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
Visiting During School Hours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians. However, to protect student safety, all visitors must sign in at the main office and wear a visitor's badge. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Daily School Schedule
Pleasant Hill Academy school hours are as follows: