Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Mt. Washington School PTO is a volunteer group of parents, teachers and interested community members. The PTO raises funds through several fundraising events held during the year to provide financial support to enhance student education. The PTO is also involved with many special events at our school and in the Mt. Washington community.
New members are always welcome! Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to join, contact us at (513) 363-3800.
Mt. Washington School Foundation
The mission of the Mt. Washington School Foundation is to enhance the quality of education for our students with an emphasis in Academics, Enrichment and Technology by forming community partnerships and distributing financial grants for selected programs and projects.
The Foundation is a 501(C)(3) organization that supports the long-term goals of the school and meets at least quarterly to discuss how to best meet the additional financial needs of Mt. Washington School.
Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC)
The LSDMC is the primary governing body for each school in the district. This committee gives insight and input into important decisions that greatly impact students' lives and shape their educational experiences.
Meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
Meetings are open forum, and interested teachers, staff members and individuals in the community may attend.
The committee is composed of parents, teachers, staff members, students and community members. The LSDMC meets 9 times each year.
The functions of the LSDMCs include:
- Adopting bylaws, including the school's mission and vision
- Setting measurable goals, based on a needs assessment
- Developing a broad plan (One Plan) to implement these goals
- Completing a mid-year and end-of-year progress report
- Making recommendations and approving the school budget
- Participating in the selection of the principal when a vacancy exists
- Approving locally initiated changes in the school's program or focus
- Making recommendations to the principal regarding other school issues
- Seeking grants to support the school's programs (optional)
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of the school as a Community Learning Center
For questions or additional information, please contact 363-3800.
Instructional Leadership Team (ILT)
The ILT sets the instructional focus and makes the instructional decisions for the school.
The ILT team meets twice a month on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. The principal and ILT chairperson will jointly prepare an agenda for all ILT meetings. The ILT secretary will prepare the minutes of each meeting and distribute them to the principal and then they will be forwarded to the LSDMC and staff.
ILT responsibilities include:
- Developing, reviewing and evaluating the instructional program
- Monitoring and improving school operations and procedures that affect instruction
- Planning and monitoring training of staff
- Creating and maintaining a safe and orderly school environment
The team is composed of the principal, two parent representatives, two non-teaching staff members and teachers. ILT meets twice a month and as needed.