High Technology at Hays-Porter School
Vision 2020: High Technology
Hays-Porter School offers the High Technology Program — opening doors to high-demand careers for students. With access to cutting- edge technology and creative, hands-on activities, students learn how to code, create robots and games, produce videos, use 3D printers, and much more.
Hays-Porter inspires young thinkers to take ownership of their futures. Through rigorous academic classes and visionary electives, students develop the skills and confidence to become creators — and not just consumers — of technology. As they explore, collaborate and use critical-thinking skills, students build real-life technology skills that will lay the foundation for college and career success.
The High Technology Program at Hays-Porter School
At Hays-Porter, our students benefit from diverse teaching strategies that allow us to customize instruction to suit different learning needs. Students are exposed to project-based instruction, Blended Learning Modules and a state-of-the-art Innovation Lab to ignite their curiosity and build meaningful connections between what takes place in the classroom and how it applies in the real world. Program benefits include:
- Innovation Lab
- Access to technology elective courses, such as coding, robotics, makerspace and gaming
- Blended Learning Modules giving students opportunities to control pace, path, time or place of learning
- Early exposure to technology to help ensure college and career success
- Build critical - thinking skills through Project-Based Learning
The Future Is Waiting. But We’re Not.
Hays-Porter’s High Technology Program aligns with the West End community’s focus on becoming an Information Technology (IT) innovation hub in Cincinnati. Robert A. Taft Information Technology High School is located nearby where students who want to continue their journey in the IT field will have an easy and seamless transition to high school.
The Hays-Porter School Advantage:
- Tech-rich environment with a fully equipped computer lab, and Innovation Lab including robotics, gaming, coding and makerspace
- Daily blocks of 90 minutes of reading and math delivered in Blended Learning station-rotation model
- All-day preschool and kindergarten classes
- A free summer program that extends the school year by one month and offers a free Ed Tech Camp that will provide opportunities to practice tech skills
- A kindergarten-readiness program for four-year-olds and a full-day Head Start program
- Tutoring is provided by teachers and volunteers both during and after school.
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character
- Free breakfast for all students
- Free after-school program offers a variety of clubs and activities until 5:30 p.m.
- Tablets for every student in K-1st grade
- Laptops for every student in 2-6th grades
- Students have opportunities to control pace, path, time or place of learning.
- Students are prepared for a future shaped by technology where opportunities are endless.
- The High Tech focus provides every student with equity, access and opportunity
Follow our story on Twitter!