Expeditionary Learning Program
At Clifton Area Neighborhood School (CANS), it’s not just about academics. We believe in the power of developing the whole child.
Through our new Expeditionary Learning program, we nurture the social, emotional and physical development of our students to ignite a passion for lifelong learning.
Our curriculum is based on programming developed by the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Outward Bound USA. Classes feature hands-on, experiential learning both inside and outside of the classroom that is designed to support students in mastering content knowledge and essential academic skills; building leadership, empathy and character; and completing high-quality work.
What Does This Mean for Students?
Our students apply their knowledge in authentic ways, instilling a love of learning that serves them well — academically and personally.
Your child will benefit from:
- Hands-on learning activities
- An emphasis on shared ownership of a positive classroom and school culture
- Differentiated instruction that challenges and empowers all students to reach their full potential
- A commitment to fostering confidence and independence
- A partnership with the University of Cincinnati School of Education to support the integration of current research in our instructional practices