Vision 2020: Gifted and Exceptional
Leadership is a concept most don’t normally embrace when thinking of children. At Cheviot School, we create leaders by helping students discover their own strengths and allowing them to shine. As a Leader in Me school, our students apply author Steven Covey’s "7 Habits of Highly Effective People," which helps them unleash their potential to lead lives that positively influence others.
We cultivate top scholars through proven teaching methods used to spark each student’s natural interest in learning — laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly — preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
Cincinnati Gifted Academy West at Cheviot School
Gifted and exceptional students in grades 3-6 will blossom in Cheviot School’s Gifted Academy, a rigorous environment that is flexible enough to meet individual learning needs. Teachers design learning experiences to be academically challenging, while stimulating personal growth and encouraging students to contribute to the community. The goal is to develop the "whole child," and education is complemented by instruction in arts enrichment and Latin to prepare students to excel in the Special College Preparatory Program available at Walnut Hills High School.
Program benefits include:
- Teachers who are certified as specialists to instruct gifted students
- Instruction is differentiated within the classroom to allow students to excel at their own pace.
- Technology is infused into the classroom to enrich and accelerate learning.
- Problem-based learning experiences that keep students engaged and demonstrate real-world application
- Field trips and guests that provide enrichment opportunities