At Westwood, our focus on Student Enterprise is creating well-rounded students who are prepared for an ever-changing and complex world. This type of robust program opens new doors for students and encourages them to explore new fields.
Starting with students in grades 5 and 6, the program will be rolled out to the entire school in a phased approach. Our students are given the opportunity to develop an understanding of what it means to be an entrepreneur through:
- Rigorous entrepreneurial programming designed by the University of Cincinnati
- Access to MORTAR and local businesses and business leaders to learn about entrepreneurship
- First-hand research, creation and execution of business plans that lead to student-run businesses at Westwood School
- Participation in “Shark Tank” experiences to learn the principle of defending a business proposal
- Partnerships with area businesses in the Westwood Community
This type of specialized learning is critical for creating well-rounded students who are prepared for an ever-changing and complex world. The program opens new doors for students and encourages them to explore new fields. The Cincinnati community continues to show support for Westwood students by implementing more partnerships and collaborating on more programming.