Strong parental and community support is vital in achieving Clark’s mission to "seek the highest and most complete academic environment for each student" and "form a human community that nurtures an atmosphere of care and sets a thoughtful social climate." Our goal is to have all Clark families do the following at least once a year:
- Attend one meeting
- Volunteer one hour
- Attend one school event
- Make one monetary donation
You can also get connected by signing up for the principal’s weekly announcements. Contact Lead Secretary Stacey Bryant and ask for your name to be added to the email list.
Clark Montessori Foundation
The Clark Montessori Foundation meets monthly to support and promote the welfare of the students and staff at Clark Montessori School. We have a board of directors and are always looking for additional volunteers to serve our school. There is much to do, and everything we do makes a difference.
Visit the Clark Montessori Foundation website to learn more.
Families for Clark
This committee organizes educational events for parents and builds a strong volunteer program to engage parents and families to serve on at least one school committee. For more information, contact Yolanda Lawson.
Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC)
The LSDMC is the primary governing body for each school in the district. This committee gives insight and input into important decisions that greatly impact students' lives and shape their educational experiences. The function of the LSDMCs includes:
- Adopting bylaws, including the school's mission and vision
- Setting measurable goals, based on a needs assessment
- Developing a broad plan (One Plan) to implement these goals
- Completing a mid-year and end-of-year progress report
- Making recommendations and approving the school budget
- Participating in the selection of the principal when a vacancy exists
- Approving locally initiated changes in the school's program or focus
- Making recommendations to the principal regarding other school issues
- Seeking grants to support the school's programs (optional)
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of the school as a Community Learning Center
- The committee is composed of parents, teachers, staff members and community members.
The Clark LSDMC meets the first Tuesday of every month from 3:45 p.m. - 5 p.m. in Room 2106. All are welcome to join the meetings!
- Review LSDMC Minutes here: Clark LSDMC Meeting Agenda & Minutes 2023/24 School Year
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Become a volunteer! Your time and talent will make a difference in the lives — and futures — of our students. Opportunities to volunteer include:
- Help in the Post-secondary Planning (College) Center. Come in just a few hours a day or work from home. Please call Jennifer Lutes, school counselor, at (513) 363-7109.
- Help in the high school office. Call Sherry at (513) 363-7103.
- General help anytime from 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- During lunch hours (10:12 a.m. –12:45 p.m.) to help monitor hallways and the like
- Help the Athletic Director. Call Derrick Williams at (513) 363-7080.
- Join the Athletic Boosters, or help at sporting events, with concessions or with Spirit Wear. Call Derrick Williams at (513) 363-7080.
- Become a tutor or mentor for a student who needs help; contact Joyia Johnson, resource coordinator, at (513) 363-7191.
- Join the Clark Music Boosters and/or help with ensembles and concerts. Contact Josh Roderer, instructor and band director, at (513) 363-7183 or Jeff Martin, steel band director, at (513) 363-7184.
Security Badges and Background Checks
To assure the safety of students and staff, Cincinnati Public Schools requires security badges for anyone entering CPS' buildings. One-time visitors receive a temporary security badge from the front office. Individuals who visit our buildings on a regular basis, such as volunteers, must obtain a security badge and wear it at all times in our buildings. Learn more about how to obtain a security badge.