ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
"Riverview East Athletics is committed to providing athletic programs that develop sportsmanship, leadership, and a team-first mentality among our student-athletes. We consider athletics to be an extension of the classroom, where learning and developing positive character traits is the ultimate 'win'."
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT GOALS
We are excited about the opportunity to serve your family! We recognize the value of Interscholastic Athletics in the educational process and the values that young people develop when they have the opportunity to participate in activities outside of the traditional classroom. We further encourage the development and promotion of sportsmanship, ethics and integrity in all segments of our Hawks community.
Ten Goals of Riverview East Athletics:
- To offer and support a comprehensive Interscholastic program.
- To promote healthy choices, including no drugs, no alcohol and no tobacco.
- To focus on the development of skill at all levels.
- To encourage student participation at all levels, however, as students progress through the system, it is understood that playing time will need to be earned and participation is not guaranteed.
- To develop Student-Athletes who display good sportsmanship at all times. Good sportsmanship consists of:
- Showing respect for opponents.
- Showing respect for officials and their decisions.
- Knowing, understanding, and following the rules of the contest.
- Maintaining self-control at all times.
- Recognizing and appreciating outstanding skill and performance.
- To develop a competitive, winning attitude. Winning is important.
- To encourage individual commitment to personal and team goals.
- To promote pride in the school and the athletic program. DO YOUR BEST!
- To develop student leadership skills through team interaction.
- To encourage parent and community participation in the total sports program via team parent groups and the Athletic Booster Club.
Though it’s not possible for us to provide the perfect experience for everyone involved, it doesn’t mean that we won’t try. We want to serve you in a way that helps your child/family have the best Educational Athletic experience possible.
AT RIVERVIEW EAST, WE BELIEVE…
All students can learn; all teachers can improve.
Our focus should be on student learning.
All students deserve ongoing, specific feedback.
All students deserve a consistent experience in school.
Professional collaboration is a priority. Isolation is a choice…
They’re all OUR students, not MY students.
Proactive parent communication is required.
Student discipline is about learning positive behaviors.