Community Learning Center Partners
As one of the many district Community Learning Centers, we offer after-school programming which supports the development of the whole student in a myriad of ways. Our Community Partners provide a host of services that are aligned with our MyTomorrow initiative and lend to the enrichment of our overall community. For more information about our programming or to become a Community Partner, contact Shroder H.S. Resource Coordinator, Pam Wilder.
- MyTomorrow: Students earn a 3.0 GPA (Grades 9 and 10), achieve a goal of 22 on the ACT (10-12), graduate high school with career experience and identified pathway (12).
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative: Personal counseling, ACT preparation and AIR tutoring, college and career preparation, admission and scholarship applications
- DramaKinetics: Arts integrated curriculum to address all learning styles; integrating a positive impact on creative learning and retention. Arts integrated content relates to ACT, impacts cooperative learning life skills/embeds life skills into career-based exploration.
- Sister Accord: Helps young ladies to build confidence, believe in the possibilities for their lives, partners with corporations as a career resource
- The Children's Home of Cincinnati: Offers Health clinic services — ill visits, prescription refills, sports physicals
- Talbert House: Behavioral Health, family engagement, family peer support, provides community connections and support for students with special needs and their parents
- 5/3 Bank: Math skills through Young Bankers Club, provides classes through the Project Search program
- Ohio Equity Institute: Students learn goal setting for life and careers, making good choices socially, connecting health and wealth
- Art Academy of Cincinnati: Reinforces academic subject matter through visual learning strategies and creative writing components, enhances critical thinking and creative problem solving skills, features guest speakers who provide career guidance in a variety of art fields; offers job shadowing opportunities and access to college resources in Visual Arts, Design, etc.
- Xavier University Community Building Institute: Provides Leadership development workshops at Xavier University
- Queen City Chess Club: Fosters development of critical thinking skills and strategic planning as students master chess
- General Electric: Exposes middle school students to engineering careers through project-based learning.
- Procter and Gamble Seeds Program: ACT Preparation Sessions