Withrow Counseling Department
Withrow’s Counseling Department is here to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program to address students' academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal and social needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive, contributing citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
What Do We Do?
Academic Support and College/Career Guidance
Counselors assist students with successfully completing their graduation plan and provide guidance and support to select a postsecondary pathway: enrollment, employment, enlistment. The counseling department encourages students to excel in their academic programs and offers many resources to aid in their efforts. Withrow counselors assist with:
- Help students meet state academic requirements for high school graduation
- Help students with academic, personal, and career goals.
- Provide academic advice and intervention.
- Assist students with post-secondary goals including:
- Military enlistment
- Trade/technical education
- College/ university selection
- Assist with typical life stressors such as grief, relationships, and developmental challenges.
- Connect families with community and school resources to meet their needs.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics and rules of confidentiality outlined by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA).
Individual and Small Group Counseling
Counselors provide personalized counseling based on a student's academic, personal/social or career needs. Counselors also provide structured small groups that focus on a specific topic to enhance student achievement. Counselors assist in the referral process of students to appropriate support programs and services provided both within the school setting and to outside agencies.
Counselors assist students with an immediate personal concern, a crisis, or a problem that may be affecting their achievement in school. The counselor may provide short-term individual sessions or in a small group with other students that face similar challenges.
How to See Your Counselor
School Counselors at Withrow University High School are here to help! Have a question or need assistance? Stop by or reach out to your counselor for help. Counselors are available to meet with students throughout the day. Students can always leave a note or email their counselor to schedule a meeting. Parents/guardians are welcome to call or email their student's counselor as well. We are here to support our students and their families; let us know how we can help!