About South Avondale School
The staff at South Avondale is committed to serving your child with the goal of improving student achievement and developing productive leaders! Our work experience is:
Before and After School Care
South Avondale offers after-school care for parents. The Greater Cincinnati Urban League provides an after-school program, Monday-Friday, 2:30 - 7:30 p.m., with the Fleishmann Boys/Girls Club.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety of services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of South Avondale.
The following CLC services are available at our school:
- Health — Our school nurse, from the Cincinnati Health Department, is here on a daily basis to provide services to our students.
- Mental Health — The Children's Home of Cincinnati provides full-time mental health therapists.
- Psychologist — South Avondale School has a part-time school psychologist who assists teachers in meeting the needs of the students.
- Speech — South Avondale has a full-time speech pathologist to service grades PreK-6.
- Social Worker — One day a week, a visiting social worker serves as our link between home and school.
- Mentoring — South Avondale has a mentor coordinator as well as caring mentors available to work with students to increase his/her self-esteem, improve academically, and to expand his/her horizons culturally and career-wide. For more information, please contact Jo Henderson.
Our Resource Coordinator
Ingrid Sandidge is the Resource Coordinator for South Avondale School.
The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Resource Coordinator, Ingrid Sandidge, plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center. To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Ingrid Sandidge at (513) 363-5500 or via email.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-5500.