CPS and the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber are expanding the region’s talent base through career-based learning
Cincinnati Public Schools and the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber have partnered to build workforce pipelines for Cincinnati-area employers through the district’s Career-Based Learning Program. You can invest in your company’s future by offering on-the-job training for our students that leads to gainful employment upon graduation. Through this partnership, your company becomes a co-educator — providing learning opportunities, aligned with curriculum, beyond the bounds of the classroom.
“With nearly 6 million young adults both out of school and work, there is a clear talent gap between the needs of the business community and how future talent is prepared for careers.”
-Cheryl Oldham, Senior Vice President
U.S. Chamber Foundation Center for Education and Workforce
CPS has offered work-based learning opportunities for over six years in a variety of the nationally recognized career pathway industries. Initial partnerships include industries such as manufacturing, advanced manufacturing, logistics, information technology, hospitality and tourism, supply chain and construction.
How the Program Benefits Your Company
- Strengthen the talent pipeline through on-the-job training and brand awareness
- Train and provide feedback for students prior to offering full-time employment
- Engage students through hand-on information sessions during the first semester
- Collaborate with CPS educators, career counselors and curriculum managers
- Illuminate career tracks within your company and overall industry
- Deepen connection and ties to your local schools and your community