Providing Students with the Knowledge to Thrive
At Cincinnati Public Schools, we are focused on giving our students a leg up in college and the workforce. Through My Tomorrow, we are transforming our classrooms into highly engaging learning environments. From the earliest grades through senior year, CPS students are gaining the skills and knowledge they will need to navigate a dynamic world.
We are ensuring our youngest students develop strong reading skills. We are introducing new and expanded college and career prep opportunities into the classrooms. We are making classes more student-led, more challenging and more inter-disciplinary. We are continuing to focus on educating the whole child, ensuring we offer a broad range of academic, arts and extracurricular opportunities. And we continue to make inroads in bridging the gap between digital natives and digital immigrants by providing students with more access to technology that supports their academics.
CPS' academic priorities include:
- Focus on early literacy and Ohio's Third Grade Reading Guarantee to ensure students are "reading to learn" by third grade
- Advanced Placement Courses to provide students with access to college-level coursework and college credit
- Blended Learning Opportunities to offer interactive learning experiences that equip students with 21st century skills
- Digital Tools and Curriculum that prepare students to navigate a digitally-driven and information-rich society
- Advisory and Guidance to help students learn how to make positive and constructive connections with others and within themselves
- The College and Career Compass to ensure students have the information they need to enroll in higher education, find employment or enlist in the military after high school