Vision 2020: Arts and Culture
A transformative experience awaits students at Woodford Paideia Academy, where a vibrant Arts & Culture Program inspires the next generation of performers and artists. Woodford offers a rigorous, standards-based curriculum enriched by the powerful and expressive force of the arts to promote creativity, diversity, confidence and academic excellence.
At Woodford, we cultivate top scholars through the Paideia teaching philosophy designed to spark each student’s natural interest in learning – laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly – preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
The Arts and Culture Program at Woodford
Woodford’s Arts & Culture Program features artistic instruction for all students in art, dance and music. Each 5th- and 6th-grade student will have the opportunity to play an orchestral string instrument. As part of the visiting artist program, students will work weekly with some of Cincinnati’s most dynamic and talented artists.
- An artistic curriculum that is connected to the new National Core Arts Standards
- Collaborative performance opportunities with the Cincinnati Arts Association and the Kennedy Heights Arts Center
- Connections to artistic and cultural resources provided by the Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies
- Skype sessions with music and art elementary classrooms in other countries
- An annual Arts & Culture Exhibition where students perform and showcase music, art, dance and native dress from cultures around the world
- Guest artist residencies featuring some of Cincinnati’s finest artists
The Future Is Waiting. But We’re Not.
Woodford Paideia Academy will partner with The Kennedy Heights Arts Center, the Art Academy of Cincinnati and The Cincinnati Arts Association to provide exciting learning experiences outside the classroom. The neighborhood’s many artistic venues will provide students with opportunities to perform their music and exhibit their artwork outside of the school.
The Woodford Paideia Academy Advantage:
- Small class sizes for individualized attention
- Highly qualified, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- All-day preschool and kindergarten
- Free breakfast for all students
- A free after-school program until 5:30 p.m. that includes an Art Café, tutoring, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, tennis lessons and more
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character
- Partnerships with Fifth Third Bank, Saving Grace Community Church, Jewish Hospital, Kennedy Heights Art Center and Kennedy Heights Arts Council
For more information about enrolling at Woodford Paideia Academy, call (513) 363-6400.