Preparing our Students for High-Skill, High-Demand Careers
Experts predict there will be 47 million job openings by 2018. Our Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are preparing CPS students to claim their place in this market.
CTE programs provide students with the education and expertise needed to find success in high-skill, high-demand, high-wage careers. We have assembled an exceptional array of programs — spanning information technology (IT), health care, construction, arts and communication, law and safety, and more — to offer something for almost everyone.
Our CTE programs provide students with numerous benefits, including:
- A rich selection of options
- A rigorous academic foundation
- Hands-on experience that translates into employable skills
- Universal skills that are applicable in a four-year school, trade school or the workplace
- The opportunity to earn industry credentials, state-issued licenses and/or college credit
- A home-field advantage; all programs are embedded in our high schools, so students don’t leave their high school campuses to participate in a CTE program.
The result: Students graduate college and career ready, with the technical knowledge and real-world experience necessary for the jobs of today — and the future.
We offer 20 programs in nine career clusters.
Find out if a program in one of these nine career clusters is right for you.
- Agricultural and Environmental Systems
- Arts and Communication
- Business and Administrative Services
- Construction Technology
- Engineering, Manufacturing and Science Technologies
- Health Science
- Culinary and Food Services
- Information Technology
- Law and Public Safety