CPS Strategy Year 3 Update: Hope is Here
The last year required a new level of creativity and agility as Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) partnered with families, students, teachers, staff and the community to reinvent education in Cincinnati. As we incorporate our learnings into the third year of our strategic plan and beyond, we are laying the foundation for hope. We know that our students’ future is bright! Join us in imagining a destination called CPS that includes:
Student-Centered Decision Making
We put students first.
- Students are able to learn anytime, anywhere, including outside and in the evenings
- Students have new course offerings and experiences, including career pathways at each high school, African American literature and history, additional AP courses and life skills in earlier grades
- A Speak Up and Speak Out collaborative is at every high school
- Diversity and inclusiveness are part of our DNA
Health and Safety
We focus on personal well-being.
- We elevate student social emotional health and physical well-being to support learning
- Our high school schedules are healthier for teenagers
Community Engagement and Influence
We are empowered by our communities.
- Our communities feel heard and valued
- We measure success from the perspective of families
- English Language learners and families are fully integrated districtwide and at school
- We expand the resources available to families
- Our families, students and staff are our best ambassadors
We get better.
- CPS is a destination for top talent
- The science of improvement is how we work
- We have a model that allows for learning anytime, anywhere
- Our budget process prioritizes CPS’ core work
- School staff spends more time with students, teachers and families & less time on operational functions
We are our communities' first choice for education.
- We retain students from preschool through graduation
- Our environments are conducive to innovation and learning as we grow