Numerous federal, state and private grants help Cincinnati Public Schools by supplementing the General Fund budget to provide many new learning opportunities for our more than 35,000 students.
While the district is the lead applicant on many large-scale projects, CPS teachers and administrators also are encouraged to pursue a wide variety of funding opportunities for projects to benefit their particular schools. Examples of what this funding can provide include field trips, playground equipment, classroom supplies and special STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) projects.
The district's Grant Writer serves as a central resource and liaison for anyone interested in pursuing these grants by providing support, including:
- Information and technical assistance on seeking grants.
- Prospect research and access to grant opportunities.
- Assistance with individual and community contacts for collaborative projects and ideas.
- Assistance with preparing and proofreading grant applications.
- Helping to coordinate a district-level Letter of Support.
- Training for CPS personnel and partners on seeking and securing grants.
- Assistance with preparing and submitting final reports for grant compliance.
For information on available grants or to request help with a grant, contact:
District Grant Writer