Some Pertinent Rules Governing Use of School Buildings and Grounds
The School District reserves the right to void this agreement if it conflicts with the mission and needs of Cincinnati Public Schools.
Applicants should familiarize themselves with all applicable rules of the Board of Education governing the use of the facilities desired.
These rules are available in the office of each school principal and online. Special attention is invited to the following conditions:
- The meeting must be open to all on equal terms.
- Contract hours for all employees must be observed and building closed on schedule.
- Proper care of building and equipment must be taken. Damage to and abuse or misuse of property and equipment should be reported immediately to CPS Facilities Department. Repairs must be made or paid for by responsible applicant.
- Arrangements for use of stage scenery, public address system, audio-visual systems, interactive boards, piano, or other equipment belonging to CPS must be made with the principal of the school at time of making application. Should kitchen equipment be used, a Student Dining Service employee must be assigned by Student Dining Services. Charges, payable to the school and/or CPS, are made for some of these facilities both for upkeep expense and for personnel to operate them.
- No fund raising activity is permitted unless the proceeds (difference between income and expenses) are used for the benefit of the Cincinnati Public Schools or for an approved charitable educational, cultural, character-building, or other community welfare purposes.
- No school building or grounds shall be used for commercial or personal gain, or for any program including any form of gambling.
- No intoxicating beverages are permitted to be used in school buildings or on school grounds without an alcohol waiver which require Board of Education approval. Smoking is prohibited on Cincinnati Public School property. Applicant agrees to enforce this regulation at all times while on Cincinnati Public School property.
- No wrestling, boxing, karate, or similar activities shall be permitted unless sponsored by the schools.
- No school building or grounds shall be used for engendering racial or religious prejudices or for any other purposes inimical to our school system and the democratic way of life.
- Cincinnati Public Schools may require a security and safety plan be in place 30 days prior to event.
- All groups must submit adequate Certificate of Insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 of coverage to Office of General Counsel, Daniel Hoying, (required for all Facilities Use permits for Summer 2020).
Special Condiions for Summer 2020
The following special conditions will be in effect for all Facilities Use permits that are granted for June 1, 2020, through September 1, 2020. Consistent with the latest guidance to schools from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), social distancing measures must be in effect for all gatherings of individuals — including maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet between persons for all events held. Group meetings must be limited to the extent possible. Only essential activities involving external groups or organizations will be approved for Summer 2020. Only events involving persons from the immediate, Cincinnati Public Schools geographic region will be approved.
- On the Facilities Rental Application; please provide a detailed description of the activity or event that you propose to hold in a Cincinnati Public Schools facility.
- On the Facilities Rental Application; please describe all precautions and social distancing measures that will be used to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at your activity or event. Such measures must be consistent with local, state, and federal recommendations for conducting the activity or event. CPS reserves the right to require an applicant to provide written approval from the Cincinnati Health Department or other local or regional association to conduct the event or activity.
- Given the enhanced need to clean and sanitize the building, CPS presently anticipates that all persons and groups who are using CPS facilities during the Summer 2020 will be subject to increased costs for cleaning, sanitizing, and security. CPS will not have employees on site as it may have in previous years, and CPS reserves the right to assign a building monitor — paid for by the applicant — during the event or activity.