Share Your Talent With CPS
Cincinnati Public Schools is a progressive, diverse school district that values good teachers who make a difference in children’s lives.
Join us to teach at Cincinnati Public Schools — and love what you do!
We’re good at education: Among Ohio’s eight large-city school districts, Cincinnati Public Schools earns top marks and national recognition for improving student achievement and meeting the needs of the whole child.
Our vibrant city on the Ohio River is a great place to work and live! One of the nation’s best-kept secrets, Cincinnati combines rich history, beautiful parks, and a variety of recreational and cultural activities with the excitement of young business start-ups, revitalized city neighborhoods and inviting entertainment districts, plus major league and college sports teams.
We love what we do because we do it in a city that values children. Thanks to our community, all of our schools were rebuilt or fully renovated since 2003 into "green” buildings that are technology-ready learning environments. Our schools are Community Learning Centers, focused on creating partnerships for academic enrichment, and health and recreational opportunities, for students and families beyond school hours.
Cincinnati Public Schools innovates to meet students’ needs and our changing world.
Our new My Tomorrow initiative, launched August 2014, is a bold reimaging of classroom teaching. Our goal: Ensuring that 100 percent of seventh-graders graduate on time and ready to actively pursue college and chosen career paths. Key features of My Tomorrow include cutting-edge technology, higher academic expectations and supportive adult relationships.
Teachers are at the center of our work. So we support them, with comprehensive and individually designed professional development. Mayerson Academy, our professional development partner created two decades ago, provides teachers and staff with opportunities to grow.
We offer teachers —
- A school district nationally recognized for educational innovation and leadership
- Cutting-edge Teacher Evaluation System (TES) for enhancing professionalism; believed to be Ohio’s first to link teacher advancement and pay to student achievement
- Career-In-Teaching advancement program with five levels — from apprentice to Lead Teacher — based on teachers’ evaluation scores
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including financially-stable state retirement system
- Easy online application system for new employees
Cincinnati in the News