Cincinnati Public Schools Seeks Exceptional Superintendent
Cincinnati Public Schools is a progressive, diverse school district that values strong teaching and powerful academic initiatives that make a difference in students’ lives. We challenge our students academically, while connecting them to the world around them through a network of supportive partnerships that prepare them to compete globally. Through outstanding learning environments and an array of choices to complement different interests and learning styles, Cincinnati Public Schools has earned a national reputation as a top urban school district.
Cincinnati Public Schools Seeks a Superintendent Who…
- Is committed to achieving equity in access, opportunities and outcomes across the district.
- Possesses the leadership skills required to respond to the challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
- Inspires trust, self-confidence, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance with the ability to develop and communicate a vision of quality education for the future to the board, staff and community.
- Demonstrates commitment to community visibility with high interest in a broad range of community groups and organizations.
- Has successful experience in sound management practices, including appropriate participation of others in planning and decision-making.
- Has experience in the selection and implementation of educational priorities consistent with the interests and needs of students, staff, board and community.
- Has demonstrated strong leadership skills in previous positions.
- Is comfortable leading innovation and reform efforts.
- Is able to lead a large organization dedicated to goals of continuous improvement.
- Possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing
- the gaps in student achievement.
- Has knowledge of emerging research and best practice in the area of curriculum/instructional design
- and practice.
- Is a strong communicator; speaking, listening and writing.
- Is strongly committed to a “student first” philosophy in all decisions.
Deadline and Selection
All materials submitted as part of the Superintendent application will remain confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law. After all applications and preliminary interviews are conducted by the consulting firm, the names of the finalists will be presented to the Cincinnati Board of Education. Selection of the candidates for interviews is the sole responsibility of the Board. Candidates selected for interviews should expect that their names and resumes will become public information. To be considered for the position, submit an application file online including:
- A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in the position.
- The online application form and a resume.
- Four current letters of recommendation.
Apply online at: rayassoc.com
Questions should be directed to:
Ray & Associates, Inc.
4403 First Avenue SE, Site 407
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Salary and Benefits
A nationally competitive salary will be offered with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria.
The candidate must have superintendent credentials. More information about Ohio’s accreditation process is available at the Ohio Department of Education: http://education.ohio.gov/Administrators
Deadline: March 23, 2017