The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) annually issues report cards for each Ohio school district and each Ohio school. The report cards look back on a school year and provide information on such areas as students’ performance on statewide tests, graduation rates and early literacy rates.
ODE released CPS' 2018-19 Ohio Report Card on Sept. 12, 2019.
To see report cards for individual schools within Cincinnati Public Schools, go to the School Finder list on this Website and click on the Report Card link with each school.
2018-19 Report Card Highlights
Cincinnati Public Schools made gains in key areas on the 2018-19 Ohio Report Card:
- The Ohio Report Card provides a snapshot of information measuring district and school performance in six areas - K-3 Literacy, Progress, Achievement, Gap Closing, Graduation Rate and Prepared for Success - by assigning letter grades in each category, as well as an overall grade.
- The four-year graduation rate is on the rise, increasing from 74.7 percent for the Class of 2017 to 77.9 percent for the Class of 2018.
- The four-year graduation rate for each year:
- 2017-2018 School Year — 77.90 percent
- 2016-2017 School Year — 74.70 oercent
- 2015-2016 School Year — 72.80 percent
- 2014-2015 School Year — 72.90 percent
- Three schools earned an A in the Graduation Rate component:
- Clark Montessori High School
- School for Creative and Performing Arts
- Walnut Hills High School
- Shroder High School and Gamble Montessori High School recorded a B for the Graduation Rate.
- The most notable achievement for the district is in the "Gap Closing" category which shows how students in certain subgroups perform on state tests. The district jumped three letter grades, earning a B this year.
- A total of 14 schools improved their overall grade on the 2019 Report Card
- Walnut Hills High School earned an overall grade of A
- Evanston Academy, a neighborhood Vision 2020 school, earned an A overall
- Ninety-eight percent of CPS third-graders met the Third Grade Reading Guarantee for promotion to fourth grade.
- In K-3 Literacy, Taft Elementary earned an A for the second consecutive year.
Prior Years — CPS Ohio Report Cards
The Ohio Department of Education Report Card Archive offers access to district and school report cards from prior school years.