Protecting your Digital Device by being Safe
CPS has invested in your future by providing each student with access to digital devices — laptops or Surface Pros while in the classroom, to better prepare students for the technology they will need when they enter post-secondary education and the workplace.
It is important to remember your safety is of the utmost importance.
Student Safety Tips
Remember to always treat your device with care.
- Never leave your device unattended.
- Don’t lend your device to anyone.
- Don’t use your device in places where it may be damaged.
- Don’t eat or drink around your device.
- Do not place heavy items such as books on top of your device.
If you are enrolled in a program that allows you to take a device home — always be safe.
- Keep your device out of sight.
- Don't tell others that you have a device.
- Don't leave your device in the car.
- Don't use your device in public places.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- If you're threatened or in danger, give up the device; it can be replaced.
When connected to the internet, remember to protect your online privacy.
Tracking software has been installed and the police are notified when a device that is not registered to leave the school premises passes the geo-fence around the school property.
If you find a CPS digital device, please call the CPS Family Technology Support Center (513) 363-0688.