Bullying and Sexting
Bullying can happen in many forms: verbal, written, physical, graphic, electronic or cyber.
If you are being bullied, tell a trusted adult. The staff at Cincinnati Public Schools will assist students and parents who come forward with bullying issues. We want our students to be safe and focused on learning.
"Sexting" means sending a sexually explicit photograph over a cell phone or e-mail.
- It is a crime to create, send or possess sexually explicit photos of a minor (even if the photo is of you, or if it is sent to your boyfriend or girlfriend).
When sending texts or e-mails, or surfing the Internet, remember …
- Don't assume that what is being sent is private.
- There is no changing your mind. Once you send something, it is sent.
- Think of how the recipient will react to the message.
- Nothing is truly anonymous in the cyberspace world.
- Resist pressure to do anything that makes you uncomfortable.
- Never respond to a threatening or obscene message.
- Never meet with someone you know only online.