Law and Public Safety
Do you have what it takes to handle an emergency? Do you want to learn how to save lives and improve your community? The Public Safety and Emergency Medical Services program offered on the Western Hills High School and Dater High School campuses prepares students for careers protecting lives, firefighting and emergency medical services.
This program is ideal for students who:
- Want to be a firefighter
- Want to be an EMT
- Like helping people
Careers available in the Public Safety and Emergency Medical Services pathway include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Healthcare Careers
There are a number of industry-recognized credentials for this career area. Some of these include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS EMT — Basic
- National Incident Management System 100
- National Incident Management System 700
- National Incident Management System 200
- National Incident Management System 800
For more information, call or email Michael Turner, Career and Technical Education Manager, at (513) 363-0383.