Just Right Reader Resources
ELL Take-Home Decodable Books
Cincinnati Public Schools is partnering with Just Right Reader to provide our ELL (English Language Learner) families with Take-Home Decodable Books. Based on the Science of Reading, these decodable books were developed by a team of reading experts to inspire students, support teachers and empower caregivers to participate in student reading. These books are aligned to your child's grade level to reinforce their reading skills at home throughout the summer and come back to school in August excited and ready to move their reading skills to the next level.
These Just Right Reader decodable books are your child's to keep!
Commit to just 30 Minutes a Day!
If you commit to just 30 minutes a day to helping your child read using the Just Right Reader decodables, you will set your child up for great success this fall. Every Book Includes:
- Targeted Phonics Practice -See the phonics skill for each book on the inside cover
- Video Phonics Lesson - Scan the QR code on the back cover to watch in English and Spanish
- Reading Activities - Complete the back cover activites to encourage your child to read and reread each book to become a strong reader
Your child will love the fun stories, relatable characters and colorful illustrations in each decodable book. Click to download and view Superintendent Wright's letter and/or the caregiver guide here:
- Superintendent Wright's Letter - English
- Superintendent Wright's Letter - Spanish
- Caregiver Guide - English
- Caregiver Guide - Spanish
The Just Right Reader decodable book packs:
- Follow the Science of Reading research and a rigorous phonics scope and sequence
- Support literacy development with QR coded phonicslessons on each decodable offered in English and Spanish
- Engage students to read with characters and stories representative of students in all of America's schools
To view the Just Right Reader e-library, please visit: https://justrightreader.com/pages/decodables-e-library