Residents Out-of-Area (East & West) Application Period
For all families living Out-of-Area (East & West) and interested in submitting a magnet lottery application for their child, you must submit an Out-of-Area (East & West) paper application for each child to a magnet school during the application period. The definition of "Out-of-Area" applies to a Magnet school outside of your neighborhood school boundary.
- Out-of-Area (East & West) Magnet Lottery Application is not part of the in-district online application process.
- Families must download and complete an Out-of-Area Magnet Lottery Application: The application will be available soon.
- Out-of-Area Magnet Lottery applications must be turned in during the application period and must be turned in at the magnet school(s) where you are applying during normal school hours:
- Application Period: April 9 - 26, 2024
- Locate school hours by visiting: https://www.cps-k12.org/findaschool
- All Out-of-Area Magnet Lottery applications will be processed after the magnet school has emptied its waiting list.
- Parents must provide transportation for students enrolled in out-of-area magnet schools.
To learn more about key Magnet Lottery dates, please visit: Application Calendar