Read 2 Lead Literacy Tutor Information
To go beyond storytelling sessions, we invite community members and partners to "Be Present!" in our efforts to improve literacy. While actively engaging and encouraging students to tap into their full potential as future leaders, CPS has implemented a community partner-based "Read 2 Lead" program and is actively recruiting literacy tutors. This program assists teachers and helps students become more confident in their reading and comprehension abilities.
Read 2 Lead Tutors will help our students to:
- Elevate achievement, confidence, self-awareness and esteem
- Increase engagement and create more opportunities for community collaboration
- Enhance problem-solving and critical thinking skills required for future success
Registration is easy!
- Click the Registration button below
- Provide your contact information
- Choose your three preferred schools and grade levels
- Choose your preferred days and times to provide tutoring support
After registration, the Family and Community Engagement team will help through each step:
- Streamline the volunteer registration process
- Schedule & process background check:
- Local - $5
- BCII/FBI -$50 (if applicable)
- BCII/FBI background check required for any volunteer with students not supervised/in eyesight by CPS employees
- Once cleared, schedule and coordinate two (2) days to allow tutors to:
- obtain CPS Volunteer Security Badge as a group
- participate in group training and review materials
- Assign tutor based on school choices and availability, schedule first day
- Tutoring will only occur during normal school hours (not after school)
Thank you for committing to our Be Present! Read 2 Lead program and continued support of CPS students!