For health assistance
Contact: Christen McCoy
Phone: (513) 363-5121
E-mail ( email@example.com)
Medication can be dispensed at school only if the procedure listed below has been followed. These two documents must be on file in the school office:
- A statement signed by the parent/guardian giving permission to dispense medication.
- A completed form from the doctor listing the name of the medication, prescription number, dosage, possible side effects, physician's signature, and telephone number.
- New forms must be completed at the beginning of each school year.
- Specific Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications can also be given with authorization from parents. Forms will be sent home at parent/guardian's request.
- Medication must be in pill, capsule, or liquid form in a contained clearly marked from the pharmacist.
- All medications must be kept in the office. The student with the knowledge of the Principal or his designee can keep inhalers.
In case of an emergency:
- A student who becomes ill at school should inform the teacher.
- When necessary, parents will be contacted.
- The school Health Assistant is at the school every day.
- It is important for an emergency telephone number to be on file in the school office.
- Please send in the two emergency medical cards as soon as possible.