About Covedale School
The aim of Covedale School’s staff is to encourage children’s curiosity, excite them intellectually, provide them with the skills needed for academic and social success, and surround them with an atmosphere of warmth and concern.
Covedale is one of the elementary college-Preparatory programs designed to help students to build solid academic skills to prepare for high school and beyond. We aim to increase comprehension abilities and broaden reading, study and leadership skills. Students explore the scientific method and must complete research papers in each grade. Our intermediate students participate in the GE Aviation and the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum (NASM) Project. This project is designed to bring unique and real-world learning experiences to students via interactive video conferencing with explainers at NASM.
We Are Covedale School:
- Covedale Elementary is a neighborhood school serving students in grades K-6 in the communities of Covedale and West Price Hill in Cincinnati.
- A large population of our students qualify for enrollment at Walnut Hills, or other high school programs in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- Parent involvement is encouraged through a strong and active Parent Teacher Association.
- Covedale is one of only five CPS elementary schools to be part of the GE NASM Project.
- Our school is the only elementary school to partner with the University of Cincinnati to provide college-like experiences for our students.
- Our students visit college campuses to develop an understanding of what college is like.
- Covedale School has earned the coveted School Incentive Award and is recognized as an Achieving School by our