Welcome Letter From New Principal of Hughes STEM High School
Dear Hughes STEM Community,
It is with excitement and joy that I write to our school community as your new Principal of Hughes STEM High School. I can not thank the staff and community enough for helping my transition over the past three months. When you hear that Hughes STEM is a student, teacher, staff, and administratively led school, understand that this means we are all in service to one another.
I am looking forward to a productive partnership service with you to ensure our students grow academically and socially. We all recognize that in order to be successful, our students need support from both the home and school. Strong partnerships will make a great difference in our school community. As partners, we share the responsibility for student success.
Here are some ways to partner:
- Join our PSTA
- Ensure students attend school and arrives on time daily, ready for the day's learning experience
- Completes all assignments given by teachers (can be seen via Schoology and PowerSchool)
- Practice reading and writing daily to improve literacy and communication skills
- Ask students about their school experiences, to stay aware of his/her school life
- Inform teachers and leaders when students voice a need for additional supports
- Check our website for weekly updates
- Make sure that contact information is updated in PowerSchool, to receive school news and updates, report cards and midterms.
If you have any questions about family involvement or ways to serve students better, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your student's teacher.
The wonderful Hughes STEM staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school community.
We thank you for your support and look forward to connecting with you.
Dr. Jennifer S. Williams