CPS Magnet and High School Lottery Application Submission Opens December 6, 2023
CPS has simplified our lottery process. Magnet and high school lotteries now have only one extended application period.
You may designate up to three school preferences. All applications submitted during the application period will be processed in a computerized random order. Applications are not processed in a first-come-first-served order. Prioritization is given to applicants based on established board policies to ensure each student has an equitable chance of being assigned to first-choice schools. To view the board policies, please visit:
- View and download here: Board Policy 5113.01 Preschool and Elementary Magnet School Enrollment
- View and download here: Board Policy 5113.03 High Schools of Choice Intra-District Enrollment Program
Approximately six weeks after the lotteries close, CPS will notify you of your child's placement and provide registration instructions.
Begin the lottery application process:
1. Create Account
- Parent/Guardian creates a Parent Portal account in FOCUS
2. Link Student ID to Account
- Parent/Guardian links their student to the Parent Portal account in FOCUS by student ID.
- Note: Registering a student into FOCUS does not automatically enroll the student into CPS
3. Complete the Lottery Application
- Parent/Guardian fills out the Lottery application
4. Review and Submit Lottery Application
- Parent/Guardian Reviews and submits Lottery application
Questions about creating a FOCUS account?
- Contact the CPS Family Technology Support Center at 513-363-0688 or FTS@cpsboe.k12.oh.us
- The Family Technology Support Center is open 7 a.m. - 5 p.m during normal operating days.
Questions about the Lottery process?
- Contact the CPS Customer Care Center at 513-363-0123 or CPSHelp@cpsboe.k12.oh.us
- Please note the Customer Care Center accepts calls from 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. during normal operating days.