The Cincinnati Public School Treasurer's Office is committed to serving the district with diligent fiduciary duty. Through the implementation of fiscally sound policies, procedures and oversight, we contribute to the continued improvement, growth and success for all students, families, employees and community stakeholders.
The Treasurer is responsible for all financial reporting requirements of the District, as it relates to accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, grants administration, payroll, supply procurement operations, and reporting and transparency.
To manage and report the District's financial resources with accuracy, efficiency and utmost integrity in order to maximize instructional and operational services for the children of Cincinnati.
On June 30, 2024, the Treasurer's Office will be recognized for its financial excellence, acting as exemplary financial stewards of taxpayer dollars. With a reputation for exceeding expectations, the Treasurer's Office will be recognized as valued partners who provide customer friendly financial services. Treasurer employees will score the department as an enjoyable and rewarding work environment where they feel fully valued in their service to the children of Cincinnati.
Accounts Receivable (Items related to deposits and billing)
- Phone: 513-365-1206
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Payables (Vendor/Consultant payments)
- Phone: 513-363-0470
- Email: email@example.com
Payroll (Employee Payroll)
- Main Line: 513-363-0490
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Five-Year Forecast --- May 2022
- Five-Year Forecast — November 2021
- Five-Year Forecast — May 2021
- Five-Year Forecast — November 2020
- Five-Year Forecast — May 20, 2020
- Five-Year Forecast — November 2019
- Five-Year Forecast — May 20, 2019 (fiscal years ended June 30, 2016, 2017 and 2018 actual; forecasted fiscal years ending June 30, 2019, through 2023)
- Five-Year Forecast — May 21, 2018 (fiscal years ended June 30, 2015, 2016 and 2017 actual; forecasted fiscal years ending June 30, 2018, through 2022)
- Five-Year Forecast — May 18, 2017 (fiscal years ended June 30, 2015, 2016 and 2017 actual; forecasted fiscal years ending June 30, 2018, through 2022)
CPS Renewal Levy Passes
Cincinnati Public Schools' renewal operating levy on the November 3, 2020, ballot passed with a wide margin — 69.6 percent for and 30.4 percent against.
The levy raises $48 million annually for CPS for the next five years, starting in 2021. Passage of this renewal levy does not raise a taxpayer's property taxes.
The money continues funding for two district priorities set in 2016: $15 million annually to expand preschool opportunities and $33 million for learning programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grades by continuing college- and career-readiness programs; expanding neighborhood elementary school options; and increasing students' access to technology.
General Fund Budget Process
The district's fiscal year runs July 1–June 30. The financial process begins in late fall when schools and departments begin preparing their General Fund budgets. (These do not include state programs or federally funded programs such as Title 1).
In late spring, the Superintendent presents a recommendation for a consolidated district budget to the Cincinnati Public Schools’ seven-member, publicly elected Board of Education for consideration. By the end of June, the Board authorizes funds to be spent for the upcoming school year based on an approved budget.
Understanding School Finance
- Internal Auditor
- Action Motion 133