Vision 2020: Student Enterprise
Rothenberg Academy in Over-the-Rhine, and Westwood School, will be places to learn all about the world of business. We’re creating partnerships within Cincinnati’s unique communities … providing course offerings that match the personality of the community.
Vision 2020: Student Enterprise
At Rothenberg Preparatory Academy, students who dream big will gain the skills and confidence to transform their ideas into action. Through our Student Enterprise Program, students learn to think like entrepreneurs by designing, starting and maintaining student-run businesses at school. Traditional academic topics are complemented by hands-on, technology-rich learning experiences in economics, marketing and business planning.
We cultivate top scholars through proven teaching methods used to spark each student’s natural interest in learning – laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly — preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
Rothenberg’s Student Enterprise Program is open to students in grades 5 and 6. Program benefits include:
- Rigorous entrepreneurial programming designed by the University of Cincinnati
- Access to local businesses and business leaders to learn about entrepreneurship first hand
- Research, creation and execution of business plans that lead to student-run businesses at Rothenberg
- Participation in Shark Tank experiences to learn the principals of defending a business proposal
- Partnerships with area businesses in Over-the-Rhine, a neighborhood that has served as an incubator for entrepreneurs
- As students work through the business start-up process, they gain resume-building skills applicable to a variety of careers. Just as important, they feel invested and empowered in their education and their futures.
The experience of a Rothenberg Preparatory Academy education will serve students for a lifetime, no matter what career paths they pursue.
The Future Is Waiting. But We’re Not.
Rothenberg Preparatory Academy’s location in the revitalized Over-the-Rhine neighborhood makes it an ideal incubator for fostering young entrepreneurs. Partnerships with area businesses and the University of Cincinnati’s Economics Center, Miami University, and Xavier University will help students build connections between the classroom and the real world while creating mentoring opportunities.
- The Rothenberg Preparatory Academy Advantage:
- Small class sizes and individualized attention
- Highly qualified, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- Daily blocks of 90 minutes of reading and math instruction
- All-day preschool and kindergarten classes
- Free breakfast program that delivers a healthy meal while reinforcing reading skills
- Free after-school program until 5:30 p.m. that includes a snack and a hot dinner
- Free summer program that prepares future kindergarteners for success and extends the school year by one month for older students
- Free tutoring provided by teachers and community partners both during and after school
- Regular art, music, science enrichment and physical education classes for all students
- Technology-rich environment with a fully equipped computer lab, iPads, Smart Boards and more
- A uniform policy for all students
- Quarterly field trips that extend students’ exposure to science, arts and cultural programming
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character
- A full-service health clinic offering medical, dental, vision and mental health care
- A full-time Resource Coordinator who secures partners that provide a wealth of mental, cognitive and character supports to help students succeed
- An outdoor rooftop classroom where students learn science, nutrition and gardening.
To enroll your child in Rothenberg Preparatory Academy, call (513) 363-5700.