How We Teach
Rockdale Academy is a PreK-6 team-based school. Grades PreK-K are self-contained and grades 1-6 are departmentalized.The Vision of Rockdale Academy is to work collaboratively with staff, students, parents and the community to become a school of excellence.
- Growth Mindset and GRIT
- Common Core Content Standards for Parents
- District Pacing Guides
- Extended Response Questions
- Differentiated Instruction
- Data Analysis to Improve Student Achievement
- Writing Across Curriculum
- Technology Daily
Interventions consisting of a solid core curriculum, research-based instructional strategies, and school-wide positive behavior supports are provided for all students. Universal screening data is collected using the following measures:
- District Assessments & State Diagnostics
- DIBELS and NWEA MAP Benchmarks
- DIBELS bi-weekly progress monitoring
- AIR and Iowa Assessments
- These results are used to monitor student growth to drive classroom instruction while following the district Pacing Guides.
Our purpose: Ensure our school strives toward our vision every day.
What We Teach
Rockdale Academy follows the district's Pacing Guide for all subjects, which is aligned with Ohio's Academic Learning Standards. We are now encouraging all of our students to become Thriving Readers.
Images of Excellence After School Program provides tutoring and enrichment activities for students at Rockdale Academy. Registration packets are in the Main Office. The program operates daily from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. Contact: Mrs. Shaw at (513) 363-4717.