James N. Gamble Montessori High School is one of two Montessori high schools in the Cincinnati Public Schools District that provides an academically rigorous and rich Montessori curriculum for emerging
students. Faculty and staff are committed to developing students into thoughtful, intelligent, and inclusive spirits who contribute to the stewardship of our community and planet. Using Montessorian principles, we
create an enriching, diverse, and nurturing environment that helps students achieve their potential. We have high expectations of all our students, and we teach them to have high expectations of themselves. Through a rigorous college preparatory program that marries academic concepts with real-world experiences, students develop life-long learning skills while appreciating their role in our society. We believe that inside every child is a natural ability to learn, and at Gamble, we nurture that ability so that students develop the
confidence needed to thrive in an ever-changing world.
At Gamble Montessori, we seek to help each other develop as thoughtful, intelligent, inclusive human spirits who contribute to the stewardship of our community and planet.
Our school’s purpose is to seek not only the highest and most complete academic environment, but also to form a community that nurtures an atmosphere of caring students and sets a thoughtful social climate. We
strive to be a community of adults and teenagers who respect each other’s deepest personal and human qualities. Developing a sense of community - with all of the challenges, responsibilities, joys and its preparation for life - are essential to our Montessori program.
What to Expect — an Overview
- Statement of Commitment signed each year by student and parent, agreeing to abide by our core values and fully participate in all aspects of our program
- College prep curriculum including nightly homework
- Community service requirements
- Curriculum-based field experiences
- Two extended Erdkinder experiences per year (see specifics below)
- Student-led conferences
- Parent involvement
- Sports & extra-curricular activities
- After-school homework help sessions
- Team-building initiatives
- Independent learning projects
- Montessori-trained teachers in core subjects
- Interdisciplinary themes guide curriculum development
- Informational and community-building presentations and events for students and families
- Fundraising opportunities (to assist with field experience and community fees)
James N. Gamble Montessori High School Virtual Visit
Developing a sense of community – with all of the challenges, responsibilities, joys and its preparation for life--is an essential part of our Montessori program. Our school community includes not only students and teachers, but also parents. Parental support and involvement is vital to the success of your student and our program.