All-Day Kindergarten Long-standing Tradition in CPS
Cincinnati Public Schools offers all-day kindergarten in all elementary schools.
Children must be age 5 by September 30 to enter kindergarten. Ohio law requires that children attend kindergarten prior to entering first grade.
Early Entrance to Kindergarten: Younger children who turn age 5 between October 1 and December 31 may enter kindergarten only after passing a test that determines a child's readiness for school. For information on having your child tested for early kindergarten entrance, contact CPS' Customer Help Center: (513) 363-0123
Neighborhood Schools Kindergarten Enrollment
Parents follow the enrollment guidelines for Neighborhood Schools.
Targeted Neighborhood Lottery - Magnet Schools
(Formerly called, Magnet Kindergarten Lottery)
Targeted Neighborhood Lottery (kindergarten only) for the 2016-17 school year:
- October 24, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. November 29, 2015 (five weeks)
Cincinnati Public Schools' Targeted Neighborhood Lottery, now in its fourth year, is designed to allow more equitable access to kindergarten seats in the district's high-demand magnet schools. This limited lottery assigns students to 30 percent of the kindergarten seats that remain open at the eligible magnet schools after the close of the Early Application Period.
Parents of students not eligible for this limited lottery may apply to magnet elementary schools via the.
Parents of eligible students may apply online to this kindergarten lottery via the CPS Website during the magnet online application. If needed, parents may enter the lottery using computers in
- CPS schools or
- CPS' Education Center , 2651 Burnet Avenue, 45219 (Corryville) in the Customer Help Center (513) 363-0123
Eligibility for Targeted Neighborhood Lottery
The Targeted Neighborhood Lottery is limited in several ways:
1) Students must live in the attendance boundaries of specific neighborhood schools to be eligible for entry into this lottery. These schools are identified based on the school's Performance Index Scores on the most recent Ohio Report Card.
- Eligible Neighborhood Schools for 2016-17 Kindergarten Lottery:
Frederick Douglass School
Rees E. Price Academy
Roselawn Condon School
W. H. Taft School
2) The Targeted Neighborhood Lottery assigns seats only into magnet schools that have waiting lists.