The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) annually issues report cards for each Ohio school district and each Ohio school. The report cards look back on a school year and provide information on such areas as students’ performance on statewide tests, graduation rates and early literacy rates.
The 2015-16 Ohio Report Card was released Sept. 15, 2016 by ODE.
To see report cards for individual schools within Cincinnati Public Schools, go to the School Finder list on this Website and click on the Report Card link with each school. (Link goes to the district's report card on ODE's Website; click on "Schools" at top of the page, then follow instructions to find individual schools of interest.)
Cincinnati Public Schools' High Points Beyond the 2015-16 Ohio Report Card
Cincinnati Public Schools is moving in the right direction on major indicators of progress – including some that are not on the Ohio report card:
- A substantial increase in the districtwide graduation rate over the last four years - from 63 percent in 2011 to 73 percent in 2015
- Composite 12th-grade ACT scores increased to 20 in 2015-16, the highest among Ohio’s urban districts. Every CPS student, regardless of chosen path, takes the ACT.
- Double-digit increases in the number of students taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses. In 2012–13, 50 percent of CPS high schools had no AP courses. Now 100 percent of CPS' high schools provide access to AP courses, which translates to thousands in savings on college tuition to families.
- New K-12 Career Readiness Curriculum and partnerships with Greater Cincinnati’s business community provide students with real-world job exposure
- A 98-percent promotion rate in reading from third to fourth grade on Ohio's Third Grade Reading Guarantee
CPS Continues Focus on Improving Student Academic Achievement
CPS' My Tomorrow Initiative, a bold new vision of education in which every student is prepared for a remarkable future, launched in 2014-15 in grades 7-8 and now is being implemented at more grade levels.
Prepared for Life - Quarterly Report, Winter 2016
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Ohio's new Report Card
Prior Years - CPS Ohio Report Cards
The Ohio Department of Education Report Card Archive offers access to district and school report cards from prior school years.
2014-15 School Year - District Report Card
2012-13 School Year - District Report Card
2011-2012 School Year - District Report Card and Highlights summary
2010-2011 School Year - District Report Card and Highlights summary
2009-2010 School Year - District Report Card
Ohio's former report card ratings (until 2012-13): Excellent with Distinction, Excellent, Effective, Continuous Improvement, Academic Watch and Academic Emergency.
CPS Ranks in Ohio's top 5 percent for students' learning growth (October 27, 2011)
CPS again rated effective by state (August 17, 2011)